What to Expect at Your First Visit
When you arrive at the office, you will be warmly greeted and promptly escorted to a treatment room for your initial exam and consultation with Dr. DiSpirito. After reviewing your medical and dental history questionnaire, you will have the opportunity to discuss any specific concerns or questions you may have. Only through open communication can the best dental care be provided. During your comprehensive examination, Dr. DiSpirito will do the following:
- Evaluate the joints and muscles in your head and neck to screen for TMJ disorder.
- Assess the soft tissues of your mouth for oral cancer and other abnormalities.
- Inspect your gingiva (gums) for periodontal disease.
- Examine your teeth for decay, misalignment, and malocclusion.
- Verify the integrity of existing restorations, including fillings, crowns, and bridges.
In addition to the clinical examination, a series of digital x-rays will be taken to assess your teeth’s roots and supporting bone. A thorough cleaning will follow and instruction on proper oral hygiene will be reviewed.
This first appointment will take approximately ninety minutes. In most cases, Dr. DiSpirito will complete his diagnosis on the first visit and discuss any recommended treatment. Intraoral images and digital x-rays will be displayed on chairside monitors to aid in patient comprehension. For more complex situations, your diagnosis and personalized treatment plan will be discussed fully at a subsequent visit. This consultation is given at no additional charge.